Cheltenham North Rotary Club has raised £20K in the last 12 months for charitable causes by organising events where people can come and enjoy themselves e.g. A Carol Concert at Cheltenham Ladies College, the Wine Festival at the Pittville Pump Rooms and the BeerFest at H&R CC.
In recent years:
- The leukaemia and Intensive Care Trust (Linc) in Cheltenham has received over £10K from us,
- Kidney Research UK £5K,
- Bristol Eye Hospital £2K,
- Abroad we have paid for solar lights in Zambia to replace poisonous kerosene lamps,
- Paid for equipment in Nepalese schools via schoolinabag.org,
- And of course loads of smaller donations to a whole range of local volunteer services and charitable organisations.